Sunday, September 12, 2010

At the studio we do enjoy creating and making products to sell online, in my shop 'Ryantown' and 3 or 4 selected suppliers, unfortunately that is about all the quantity that we can handle.
In the last year we have been inundated by requests from all over asking if they can stock the wares and I have always had to regretfully decline because we just cant produce that much stuff without becoming a factory, so for the past year I have been working with a licensing company - Wild and Wolf - on producing a small range of products with them that will be more generally available.
These should be in the shops for November and include some stationary, ceramics, bags, umbrellas, and and more .. I think there's a watering can too !
I was always very reticent to cross the line into any form of mass production because I have produced a lot of stuff in the studio myself and always retained total control - if I was to 'let it go' then I was worried the quality could slip and nightmares ensue. The best thing about working with W & W is my principle contact is a very old friend Marlene who would be devastated if I was unhappy with anything - and this is the biggest and best reason for I am working with them, thank you Marlene.

8 comments:

emma lewis said...

oh those plates, i love them! lovely job :-)

Selfsewn said...

Oh more lovelieness!!

K said...

I really enjoyed reading this post. It's good to know that while your work will be more widely available (rather excited about this) you are still retaining creative control and integrity. I very much admire your work, I first discovered it last winter at the Yorkshire sculpture Park, and actually used you as an artist reference with my GSCE art group this year(they did very well!). I look forward to new stuff coming soon. Thank you!

Sydney Lawyers said...

the pates are really pretty and classic love

Real Estate Geelong said...

lovely store i wish i could be there by myself

jone hallmark said...

What beautiful products they have made with your designs. I hope that you are pleased.......what a great friend Marlene must be. She and the company, obviously see how remarkable you and your work is. They, and you, have done a fantastic job!
Bravo!

Caroline Dulko said...

I saw this stuff at top drawer today- I think it's looking really great :) X

Karen Lewis Textiles said...

I also saw your wonderful goodies at Top Drawer this week. Beautiful work as ever